The LDAP sequence diagram describes authenticated LDAP directory lookup. The steps covered are:
- TCP connection establishment with the LDAP server
- Initial interaction to list the available services.
- Authenticate with the Kerberos server and obtain a ticket to proceed with the authentication with the LDAP server.
- Armed with the Kerberos ticket, the LDAP client uses bind to authenticate and initiate a secure connection.
- Encrypted LDAP communication follows.
The LDAP message flow is presented as a context diagram as well.